The expected criteria for our Volunteers
As a charity we could not run our services without support from volunteers. We have developed a number of interesting job roles at the Carers Centre. Although no formal qualifications are required volunteers must demonstrate the ability to satisfy the following criteria at a short interview:
- Work as part of a team.
- Speak and listen effectively to carers and Carers’ Centre staff.
- Give support to others and be happy to receive support and guidance.
In addition, volunteers need to:
- Have a warm and friendly approach.
- Be sensitive to the needs and wishes of carers.
- Be patient and reliable.
- Have a non-judgmental approach.
- Have a willingness to gain knowledge and experience in the role via training/job shadowing.
Car mileage or bus fares between home and the volunteer placement are provided. Volunteers in certain roles will be required to undergo a DBS check which the Carers Centre will pay for. If you are interested in volunteering for us please call.